28 November 2016
Further action called at Fujitsu Manchester
Unite has issued a further notice of industrial action for employees of Fujitsu Services Limited in the Manchester bargaining unit as part of the dispute over pay, pensions and job security.
The action previously called continues:
- Ongoing refusal to undertake time recording (e.g. SST) or forecasting (e.g. MyTime)
- Ongoing work to rule and withdrawal of goodwill
- Ongoing ban on overtime
In addition, UNITE has now called:
- From Monday 5th December 2016: Ongoing refusal to cooperate with or participate in projects to move work offshore, including knowledge transfer
- From 00:01 on Monday 5th December 2016: 24 hour strike
- From 00:01 on Saturday 10th December 2016: 72 hour (3 day) strike
Recent action has applied pressure to the company by highlighting the need for them to act as a Responsible Business, not just talk about it. If there is no settlement, campaign activities during December will focus on Fujitsu’s retail and hospitality customers, who will be particularly keen to encourage Fujitsu to settle at such an important time of year.