5 May 2016
Now is the time for solidarity with refugees: Register below for the Convoy to Calais – Saturday 18 June 2016
- Hundreds more refugees have drowned in the Mediterranean, the British government are refusing to even take parent-less children from Calais, and Syrian refugees are being forced back into the jaws of the war they have fled.
- The Convoy to Calais on 18 June will be a huge demonstration of solidarity with refugees from the people of this country. The major unions are in. The biggest social movements are in. The Muslim community is in. Are you?
- This is practical aid but it is also a huge moving protest at the way governments across the continent are failing refugees. This is the time to come together and say: stop the scapegoating, solidarity with the refugees.
Organised by Stand up to Racism, People’s Assembly Against Austerity, Unite the Union, Communications Workers Union, TSSA, Stop the War Coalition,War on Want, Momentum & Muslim Association of Britain.
This is the time to come together and say: stop the scapegoating, solidarity with the refugees.
Here’s what you can do:
- Come on the Convoy. We need every last lorry, van, bus, car, motorbike or scooter that can come to be with us. Let us know you’re coming by registering, and do make a donation to help with the costs. Even if you have to peel off at Dover and cant make it all the way. (Initial itinerary below)
- Collect: we need material, and money. Collect in your workplace, union, community, place of worship or just among your friends. Every bit counts. Download below:
- Desired donation list HERE
- Collection sheet HERE
- Model Trade Union motion HERE
- Convoy to Calais flyer HERE
- Even if you haven’t collected anything do come on the Convoy. We need hands to unload and a massive show of solidarity.
Refugees are welcome here: For more information email@example.com
REGISTER FOR THE CONVOY BELOW
ITINERARY (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Friday 17th June
- 18:00: Convoy to Calais London Rally Emmanuel Centre
Saturday 18th June
- 08:30: Vehicles Assemble on Whitehall
- 09:30: Convoy to Calais and Supporters Rally, Parliament Square
- 10:30: Convoy departs
- 13:30: Convoy arrives at Dover
- 14:00: Ferry departs / Rally at Dover for those who can’t make it to Calais
- 16:00: Convoy arrives at Camp. Unloading operation begins
- 19:00: Closing Rally at Calais
- 21:00: Convoy Departs
REGISTER FOR THE CONVOY BELOW
Vehicles will assemble from 8:30am along Whitehall. Make sure you register in advance & get there on time.
PLEASE NOTE: Those travelling to Calais will need to book ferry tickets separately – we are in negotiations with the ferry operators for discounts and we will email everyone who has registered with details to book as soon as possible. Likely cost is around £30 return per vehicle.
Go here for the Stand Up to Racism Convoy to Calais registration page
London SW1A 2ET
Google map and directions
Whatever else you do spread the word: