16 January 2015
Lambeth College UCU are continuing their determined opposition to the introduction of new contracts with inferior conditions. After a further escalation of action since Xmas, with a three day strike this week, UCU members start an all out strike on Monday 19 January. They urgently need all of our support.
What you can do?
Join the mass rally on Monday 19 Jan – 12 midday – outside the Clapham Centre to launch the indefinite strike. Sally Hunt has been invited to speak.
Wednesday 21 Jan 6.30pm – 8.30pm – Come to the Lambeth College UCU-hosted Public Meeting on Fighting Institutional Racism. At the Karibu Centre, Gresham Road, Brixton with Gus John. Full speaker list and flyer coming shortly
* John McDonnell MP has raised an ‘Early Day Motion’ in parliament on the Lambeth College dispute. Join the social media + letter-writing campaign to get other MPs to sign it, so we can get the debate raised in parliament. The EDM is Number 677. It’s title is Lambeth College Industrial Dispute.
* Invite us to speak at meetings.
* Join the National Demonstration in support of Lambeth College called by the National UCU office, end of January. Details out soon.
* Come to our benefit gigs. We have 2 fundraisers booked : Friday 30 Jan at the Bedford Arms in Balham and Friday 13 Feb at the Bread + Roses in Clapham.
* Write to the Chair of Governors and ask why management are not talking to the unions to negotiate an end to the dispute : Mary McCormack (Chair of the Board of Governors, Lambeth College)
* Send donations and messages of support to Branch Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Visit our website lambethcollegestrike.wordpress.com
* Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/#!/savebrixtoncollege
* Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/LambethStrike