16 June 2014
From RMT Press Office
RAIL UNION RMT today confirmed a fourth wave of industrial action across Heathrow Express after the company sabotaged ACAS talks and resorted to issuing blanket threats to sack hundreds of staff if they don’t call off their fight over a package of multi-million pound cuts which amount to an all-out assault on pay, jobs and safety.
Two days of talks at ACAS were effectively sabotaged by the company who refused to consider any proposals put forward by RMT negotiators, walked away before the talks had concluded and treated the entire negotiating process with nothing but contempt.
As a result, RMT has had no choice but to call a further wave of action, with members instructed not to book on for any shifts between;
• 12:00 hours on Thursday 19th June 2014 to 11:59 hours on Friday 20th June 2014.
And • 03:00 hours on Sunday 22nd June 2014 to 02:59 hours on Monday 23rd June 2014.
In a further escalation, members have been instructed to take discontinuous industrial action short of a strike in the form of refusing to work any overtime between the following hours: –
• 12:00 hours on Friday 20th June 2014 to 02:59 hours on Sunday 22nd June 2014.
• 03:00 hours on Monday 23rd June 2014 to 02:59 hours on Tuesday 24th June 2014.
• 03:00 hours on Saturday 28th June 2014 until 02:59 hours on Monday 30th June 2014.
• 03:00 hours on Saturday 5th July 2014 until 02:59 hours on Monday 7th July 2014.
In an aggressive and bullying move that confirms that the HEX strategy is simply about axing safety-critical staff to maximise profits, the company have now issued a statement threatening to start sacking workers involved in the action.